In digital marketing, you have many options to grow your business. For instance, you can run online ads, boost your corporate social media profiles, or set up an email marketing campaign. However, these methods only provide a short-term boost in brand awareness and lead generation. Regarding long-term strategies, a great way to build brand awareness is by focusing on your executives rather than your business. This type of marketing is called Executive Personal Branding, and at its core, it makes your business more relatable and establishes your management team as thought leaders.
We at MB have built and implemented many executive branding strategies and are seeing great results. If you want to learn more about this type of marketing, read on!
The central platform used for executive branding is LinkedIn.
What is executive personal branding?
Executive branding on LinkedIn is a crucial aspect of personal branding for C-level executives, as it can help establish their professional reputation and credibility within their industry. In addition, LinkedIn has become an essential platform for business professionals to connect, network, and showcase their skills and expertise in today’s digital age. As such, C-level executives need to have a strong presence on LinkedIn, as it can significantly impact their careers and company perception.
Key benefits of executive personal branding and using LinkedIn
So, why should C-level executives consider executive branding on LinkedIn? Here are a few key reasons:
- Improved visibility and credibility: By creating a LinkedIn profile and regularly posting relevant content, C-level executives can increase their visibility within their industry and establish themselves as thought leaders. This can be particularly useful for executives who are looking to promote their company or advance their careers. Additionally, LinkedIn allows users to include information about their work history, education, and skills, which can help establish their credibility and expertise in their field.
- Networking opportunities: LinkedIn is an excellent platform for connecting with other professionals, including potential clients, partners, and even potential hires. By actively engaging with others on LinkedIn, C-level executives can expand their professional network and potentially open up new opportunities for their companies.
- Talent acquisition: LinkedIn is a valuable tool for connecting with potential hires. With a solid platform presence, C-level executives can attract top talent to their company and showcase its values and culture.
- Thought leadership: Executive branding on LinkedIn allows C-level executives to share their thoughts and insights on industry trends and current events. By consistently posting high-quality content, executives can establish themselves as thought leaders and demonstrate their expertise to their audience. This can be particularly valuable for executives looking to promote their company or build their brand.
Now that we’ve outlined the benefits of executive branding on LinkedIn let’s take a closer look at how C-level executives can effectively brand themselves on the platform.
The first steps of Executive Personal Branding
- Create a strong LinkedIn profile: The first step in executive branding on LinkedIn is to create a strong profile. This includes choosing a professional profile picture, writing a compelling headline and summary, and containing information about your work history, education, and skills. Use keywords relevant to your industry and position, as this will make it easier for others to find you on the platform.
- Engage with your network: LinkedIn is a social platform, so engaging actively with others on the platform is essential. This can include liking, commenting on, and sharing relevant content, connecting with other professionals, and joining relevant groups. By actively engaging with others, C-level executives can establish themselves as thought leaders and build relationships within their industry.
- Share relevant content: Executive branding on LinkedIn is also about showcasing your expertise and thought leadership. This can be achieved by consistently sharing relevant and high-quality content on the platform. This can include blog posts, articles, infographics, and other content that demonstrate your knowledge and insights on industry trends and current events.
- Leverage LinkedIn’s features: LinkedIn offers a range of features that can help C-level executives brand themselves effectively on the platform. For example, the “Skills & Endorsements” section allows users to showcase their expertise and receive endorsements from colleagues and peers. LinkedIn’s “Publishing” feature also enables users to write long-form articles and share them with their network. These features can be valuable for C-level executives looking to establish themselves as thought leaders and demonstrate their expertise to their audience.
- Use LinkedIn to tell your company’s story: Executive personal branding on LinkedIn is not just about promoting yourself but also about promoting your company. Use your LinkedIn profile and content to showcase your company’s values, culture, and mission and highlight the accomplishments and successes of your team. This can attract top talent and potential clients to your company.
- Keep your profile up to date: It’s important to regularly update your LinkedIn profile to reflect your current work and achievements accurately. This includes updating your work history, skills, and education and adding new accomplishments or accolades. By keeping your profile up to date, you can ensure that it accurately represents your professional journey and expertise.
Ongoing updates drive business
Once you have completed the above steps, we recommend posting at least two weekly updates. Keep in mind that it is all about authenticity. Sharing personal, relatable content is excellent as long as it is done professionally.
In conclusion, executive personal branding on LinkedIn is a crucial aspect of personal branding for C-level employees. It can help establish their reputation and credibility within their industry, expand their professional network, and attract top talent to their company. By creating a strong LinkedIn profile, engaging with their network, sharing relevant content, and leveraging LinkedIn’s features, C-level executives can effectively brand themselves on the platform and establish themselves as thought leaders.
The ultimate goal: When a connection on LinkedIn requires your services, they first think about you and your business.
We know you and your executives are busy. If you would like us to handle executive personal branding for you and your business, reach out to the MB specialists. Our executive branding services start at just 16,000THB/month. Contact us today!